Tuesday, August 14, 2012

birthday party, round two

Since we celebrated Luke's birthday a few days before his actual birthday, I was determined to do something special to celebrate on the actual day, July 31st. I messaged some of my girlfriends who also have little ones around the same age and we all met up at our friend Kelly's place for some cookies, watermelon and pool time. I didn't take my camera out to the pool to capture the cuties in the water, but I did manage to snap a few photos during snack time. Meet the party animals.
                                       Luke                                                      Cara
                                       Grant                                                       Elise
Luke has eaten his weight in Mum Mums this summer.
 Everyone's looking in a different direction, but at least they're sitting!
Luke was really excited to sit next to pretty little Elise.
It doesn't appear that the feelings were mutual.
 Hey guys, watch me!
I'll show ya how it's done!
almost there...
and it's off! 
I love how every kid wore a party hat except for the birthday boy.
oh Luke...

But let's be honest: 
The party hats lasted about 30 seconds, and then our little photo session looked more like this.
 
 These pictures make me smile.
I'm so thankful to have good friends with sweet little ones to join me in the journey of parenthood.



No comments:

Post a Comment