Wednesday, August 1, 2012

a new year, a new blog

Luke is officially one year old!
[cue the sappy mama tears]

As I reflect back on Luke's first year, I only have one regret.
I regret that I didn't record more of the little things.

Sadly, Luke's baby book sits unopened in it's original plastic box.

I don't know why I never recorded anything in that precious book
like monthly measurements
the date Luke got his first tooth
the first time he sat up
and all of those other "little" things that are actually really big moments in your child's life.

You're probably thinking I'm a terrible mom too,
that the baby book is something everyone should be able to do, 
at least for the firstborn, especially when the mom is home all day.

Can you tell I have lots of guilt over this?

I'm (trying to get) over the fact that I can't go back and change what I didn't do,
but I CAN make a change to be more intentional in recording Luke's life from this day forward.

So I'm beginning a new blog just for Luke.

I hope to record the little moments in Luke's life,
the little things he does that make me smile
the stats that only moms care about,
the quirky facets of his personality that I never want to forget
and the big things that mean so much to our family.
Yes, this blog is primarily for me as a mommy,
a way to intentionally document more memories of life with Luke. 
But I hope you join us everyday
and share in the incredible journey we take along the way! 


1 comment:

  1. I understand your guilt but there is always something to feel guilty about! Today I felt guilty for keeping Heidi out shopping past her nap time and she missed lunch! She had lunch when she woke up and we all lived so nothing to feel bad about.
    P.s. I'm excited to see enormous amounts of Luke pictures!

    ReplyDelete