Monday, August 13, 2012

a big day

Today was a BIG day in Luke's life so far!

He was sitting on his quilt in the den playing toys as he does every morning. 

As I peeked from around the corner of the room, I witnessed Luke
try to crawl towards an empty water bottle on the floor. 

His attempt at crawling left him laying down on his belly, but instead of screaming for help, our brave little boy army crawled/shimmied to get to the water bottle.

After he reached the water bottle, Luke then pushed himself back up into a sitting position
(a HUGE milestone we've been working on in therapy) 
and did a little two arm/one leg crawl over to the ottoman where he then pulled himself up to stand.
WOW! 
I was in tears watching him and thanking God for such progress.
I am amazed at my little man and how he is jumping leaps and bounds everyday.


3 comments:

  1. That. Is. Awesome!! Good job luke!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just started following your blog recently. Your son is so adorable. I'm so happy about his progression. My son is 7.5 months old and doesn't sit well unless supported, hasn't crawled. How did you know that Luke was behind in reaching his milestones?

    ReplyDelete